Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Jacob's Big Day

 After making the choice to keep Jacob in preschool an extra year, the time has finally come for him to start KINDERGARTEN!
 
 
I wasn't sad seeing him walk into that big school with his oversized book bag.... or maybe its a normal sized book bag on my child that falls in the 34% category for his height. 

 
I'm more worried about him struggling and how will I be able to help him without making his frustrations worse. 

 
Maybe that is a natural reaction for parents of boys.  The stigma is that boys struggle, they don't like to read, they don't catch on as quickly, etc.  But maybe instead of pigeon-holing him and worrying, I need to have faith in my child that he will do great.   


He may not excel in reading or math like his sister and that's okay.  He is not his sister.  He may surprise us with some uncanny academic talent.   


 
With as much encouragement and excitement towards school as we can muster, I know my baby boy will do just fine. 
 
Jacob
KINDERGARTEN
2016-2017

 
Preschool 2015-2016

 
Preschool 2014-2015

 
Preschool 2013-2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment