Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Lunch Date

Some of my earliest memories of home life are the days after my brother and sister left for school.  I remember the days my mom making an extra large buckwheat pancake for us to split and how she would iron while watching a soap opera.  I remember being picked up from preschool (although I don't ever remember being dropped off).  And I remember my dad coming home for lunch every day.
 
  Sometimes he would have leftovers, other days a peanut butter and lettuce sandwich, or Mom would fry up a bologna sandwich with onions and mustard.  I don't recall what I ever ate but I just remember my dad being there and the smell of his pipe.  Those are the days I cherish.  Those are the days I long for with my kids, to give my kids.
 
  And today was one of those days. 
 
After preschool, there was nothing on the calendar.  Nothing.  Just come home, make lunch, and have a date with my little Holly.

And it felt good.

Big eyes.
 
Not so big eyes. 
 
Pretty much normal eyes. 
 
Best we got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment