Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

My artist

This fall I found a desk on the side of the road.  A simple desk.  White.  Three drawers.  Nothing wrong with it.  So I loaded it up in my van, brought it home, and put it in Jacob's room.
 
Jacob's room?  Yep, Jacob's room. 
 
Something about a desk just screamed Jacob to me.  And I was right!  Whether its legos, pokemon cards, some project that involved scissors, glue, and a ridiculous amount of little pieces of paper, or setting up his lego guys and shooting them off with his Nerf gun, you can usually find Jacob at his desk at some point during the day.
 
Recently, he has been in there coloring away.    Day after day, working hard and diligently, on something.  Then finally he came out of his room, proudly holding this piece of art. 


 
Sadly, it was not for me. 
He said he was coloring it for someone at church. 
 
But.
 
Its been two weeks and its still laying here on my table.  I'll give him one more week to give it to whomever he intended.  After that, it goes in a frame on my wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment